General Submission Guidelines
The Sweetest Occasion is constantly on the lookout for new and creative entertaining, party, living and home decor ideas, and gladly welcomes submissions! Of particular interest are real parties (dinner parties, birthday parties, baby showers, anniversary parties, bridal showers, kids parties, holiday parties and more), DIY projects, recipes and cocktails, home decor inspiration and products, and stylish design ideas. (Please note that The Sweetest Occasion no longer features real weddings!)
Interested in submitting your work to The Sweetest Occasion? Here are a few basic guidelines to follow:
- Send images as a zip file, sized 700px or wider – web res is strongly preferred. Vertical images should not be paired/collaged (and should also be at least 700px wide) and images should not contain watermarks or frames.
- Include a brief description of your submission in the body of an email. (The basic who, what, where, when and why is helpful!)
- Where applicable, please include information on all vendors and/or participants including their URLs.
- Include the word ‘SUBMISSION’ in the subject line of your email. Please be aware that emails without the correct subject line may be lost in the shuffle of the huge volume of email received on a daily basis as this subject line acts as a filter. (AKA It’s not just me being picky!)
- In your email, please indicate if the same submission has been submitted elsewhere. (Please note that exclusive submissions are strongly preferred.)
- All submissions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note, The Sweetest Occasion does NOT accept pre-written articles or guest post submissions at this time. We also do not review or publish real wedding submissions.
Note: While I make a concerted effort to reply to each and every email in a timely fashion, I am just one lady who receives many hundreds of emails a day, making it nearly impossible to respond to every single message. If you have not heard back from me within 3 business days, please feel welcome to send your submission to an alternate publication. My many thanks for thinking of The Sweetest Occasion to share your work!
Nook/Home Tour Submissions
The Sweetest Occasion’s Nook column features beautifully designed small spaces of all varieties and of all budgets, with an emphasis on encouraging readers to introduce bits of beauty into their own home. To have your space considered for a featured, email 5 – 8 images of the space to email@example.com. If we’re interested in featuring your home we’ll follow up with more details and a request for additional photos! Please note that submission photos are being observed for photography quality and the overall aesthetic/vibe of the space so for best consideration photos should be shot in natural light and be of superior quality.
Printables Design Submissions
If you are a graphic designer or illustrator interested in contributing a design for our free printables feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your website/portfolio and include a few images of your recent work. Printables are offered once a month to once a week depending on editorial schedule – designers are carefully selected to ensure their style is compatible with The Sweetest Occasion’s readers. Be in touch for more information!