General Submission Guidelines
The Sweetest Occasion is constantly on the lookout for new and creative entertaining, party, living and home decor ideas, and gladly welcomes submission! Of particular interest are real parties (dinner parties, birthday parties, baby showers, anniversary parties, bridal showers, kids parties, holiday parties and more), DIY projects, recipes and cocktails, home decor inspiration and products, and stylish design ideas.
Interested in submitting your work to The Sweetest Occasion? Here are a few basic guidelines to follow:
- Send images as a zip file, sized 600px or wider – web res is preferred. Vertical images should not be paired and images should not contain watermarks or frames.
- Include a brief description of your submission in the body of an email. (The basic who, what, where, when and why is helpful!)
- Where applicable, please include information on all vendors and/or participants including URLs when possible.
- Include the word ‘SUBMISSION’ in the subject line of your email. In your email, please also indicate if the same submission has been submitted elsewhere. (Please note that exclusive submissions are strongly preferred.)
- All submissions should be directed to email@example.com
- Submissions are also accepted via Two Bright Lights
Note: Unfortunately we are unable to accept pre-written articles for publication on The Sweetest Occasion. If you have an idea for an original, creative and relevant guest post please email Cyd with your ideas!
Nook/Home Tour Submissions
The Sweetest Occasion’s Nook column features beautifully designed small spaces of all varieties and of all budgets, with an emphasis on encouraging readers to introduce bits of beauty into their own home. To have your space considered for a featured, email 5 – 8 images of the space to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we’re interested in featuring your home we’ll follow up with more details and a request for additional photos! Please note that submission photos are being observed for photography quality and the overall aesthetic/vibe of the space so for best consideration photos should be shot in natural light and be of superior quality.
Printables Design Submissions
If you are a graphic designer or illustrator interested in contributing a design for our free printables feature, please email email@example.com with a link to your website/portfolio and include a few images of your recent work. Printables are offered once a month to once a week depending on editorial schedule – designers are carefully selected to ensure their style is compatible with The Sweetest Occasion’s readers. Be in touch for more information!